Think Candles, Home Fragrances And Home Decor
Home accents are the bits and pieces that pull a home together and make up the home’s personality. Candles, aroma decor fragrances, pictures, and vases are just a few of the items found under the home accent category.
No wonder it’s a more than two billion dollar business. This month, we will explore retail sales of candles, home fragrance items and home accents.
A recent survey by Gifts & Decorative Accessories shows candles and home accent fragrances are sold by 83% of responders and retailers who stock candles and accessories. Of those they ranked the sales of home fragrance accents as 6% of their sales. What an opportunity for a lucrative product mix!
Successful retailers stay abreast of upcoming trends. As a retailer, you should be aware of these trends. This information will aid you in selecting and stocking products that will appeal to customers and in turn increase your profits.
2010 Trends In Candles
- Think Naturally-Made! Soy based candles and other natural substance candles are the celebrities this year.
- Think Candle Gift Sets! Candles wrapped in ready to give packages are hot items in more ways than one. These easy one-size-fits-all gifts draws consumers and the right packaging makes it an easy purchase. For retailers there is no need to buy wrapping paper. Pre-wrapped wholesale candles will be very popular in 2010.
- Think Soothing Scents! Infusing the home with relaxing fragrances will be all the rage. So stock up on relaxation and aromatherapy candles.
- Think Decorative! Decorative container candles continue to be favorites. Look for wholesalers to ramp up the styling with containers that can still be used after the candle has burned away.
- Think Green! Green items that are eco friendly are a must for a socially conscience 2010.
Along with these hot trends, container candles, votives and pillers will remain strong stable items to round out your candle product mix.
2010 Home Fragrance Trends
- Think Subtle Invigorating Scents! Reed diffusers are an absolute must have for your gift shop.
- Think More Than Fragrance! A rising star for 2010 is potpourri in decorative containers and ready-to-give packaging. These products allow customers a convenient and elegant gift option.
- Think Out-of-the-Box! New to the market place are scent rocks and salts. Similar to potpourri, these fragrant “rocks” slowly release scents when placed in a bowl.
- Think Retro! Incense sticks are again popular. These are not the same types used back in the 60’s and 70’s. These are a more upscale version with a budget-friendly price. Look for incense sticks with fragrances like lavender, rain forest, and ones made using famous cologne/perfume scents.
From fresh variations of traditional to cutting-edge technology, wholesale home fragrance suppliers are offering a variety products for 2010.
2010 Home Accent trends
- Think Runway! Take cues from the runway. Look towards trends in clothing to stock your shop. Fashion colors are bold, so go bold with your home decor items.
- Think Flame! For inspiration look at the colors found in the flame of a candle. Blues, reds, and varying shades of oranges will be hot in 2010. Home decor items like pottery, wall art and candle holders in these colors will be the new bold accents consumers will want to buy.
- Think Southern Hemisphere! Vibrant vases, bowls and figurines with colors you’d find in the landscape of the Southern hemisphere are in vogue for 2010. Violets and fire reds complimented by orange clay colors, beige, ochres and light cactus greens will be the home decor fashion this year.Give your customers items in these colors and your sales for 2010 will be on fire.
As you select your home accent line, keep these home decor trends in mind. 2010 promises a hot, bright and invigorating year for home accents.
Need help finding the right home accent, candles or home fragrance products? The FGmarket wholesale home decor vendors will be able to offer you a great selection of candles, vases, aromatherapy, and home accent products. To jump start your toy search, check out the FGmarket vendors highlighted below.