The commercially available incandescent light bulb was first created by one of America’s most famous inventors, Thomas Alva Edison, in 1879. Although Edison certainly wasn’t the first inventor to create the modern light bulb, as many people believe, he was the person who made the invention commercially successful and available to people all over the country.
That invention changed the way people lit up their homes, their yards, their vehicles, and their Christmas trees!
One of the most popular uses for light bulbs is in lamps. Whether it’s tabletop desk lamps or tall lampstands that give a nice warm glow to any living room, the light bulb changed the world.
So, it stands to reason that when searching for the perfect lamp to buy, you want to buy from the company with the most experience, right? That’s where Summit Lamp Corporation comes into play!
Summit Lamp Corporation, also known as SLC, have been in the lamp and lighting industry since 1924. But their lamps aren’t the sleek, modern, and sometimes bland lamps that many of us are used to seeing today. No, SLC specializes in something a little more special.
The design inspiration for the lamps made by SLC comes from traditional, colonial, Glass Hurricane, Victorian, and early American style lamps. That means their lamps are much more than tools for illuminating darkened rooms, or dimly lit spaces; they’re conversation pieces and works of art.
SLC isn’t shy about showing off the quality of their work, going into very intimate detail on their website to let potential customers know how their lamps differ from their competitors.
Here’s what SLC lists on their site that sets them apart from the competition:
- We fire our decorations at various temperatures as high as 1060 degrees Fahrenheit to assure the fusing of the colors into and onto the glass.
- Our metal components, either antique brass or other brass finishes which feature an electroplated finish, not an imitation antiqued painted finish.
- When we offer our metal parts in Verde, Cottage White, French Gold or Black Iron, we perform a multi-step painting process to ensure excellent adhesion and a durable long-lasting finish.
- Our electrical components are all UL Listed and Approved.
- All of our lamps are 100% UL Tested and Approved.
- All lamps that feature a nite-lite have the nite-lite bulb included and are tested before packing. We pack most of our lamps and shades in their own box and then master the component boxes into a 275 Test Double Wall Master Carton. This reduces damage in transit to less than 0.5%.
If you’re looking for lamps that can go perfectly with the decor of your home or office, SLC has everything you’re looking for. Not only do they have an amazing selection of pre-designed lamps and light fixtures, they also do custom orders, so your customers will have even more options when they shop for the perfect piece!
They can customize the lamp’s style, shape, color, finish, and more! SLC guarantees that no matter the demands of the customer, they can design a lamp that pleases them in every way!
For lamps and light fixtures that evoke a sense of an era long gone, check out the products designed and sold by Summit Lamp Corporation!