Lets face it, social media absolutely should be a part of your marketing plan. It’s definitely a big way to reach your customers and potential clients. However, you can under and overdo it on your social media pages. You may or may not be reaching the people you need to reach. Like everything else in your store, you need to have a plan. How do you intend to reach those potential customers and get them into your store? So, FGmarket has a few tips on setting up a plan for your store.
An article appeared in June 2012 Gifts & Decorative Accessories on social media and some tips on making sure you are properly using your social media pages. Do you think your store is using your pages appropriately? How do you even do that? Well, here are a few tips.
- Who do you want to reach through social media? What is your target market? You can definitely reach a wide variety of people through social media. So, are you reaching the people you need for your store? Yes, some may focus on having great number of fans or followers, but are you reaching the fans that will actually come into your store and spend money? Once you figure out who you are trying to reach, it’s definitely a must to develop some sort of strategy.
- What sites do you use? Of course, there are many sites out there that you can choose for your social media strategy. You need to find a site that fits with your strategy and reaches your demographics. How can you use your Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus or even your Pinterest pages to your advantage? Can you use it for contests, giveaways, social media customer service, promotions or just a place for potential customers to learn more about your company?
- Have you integrated social media into your marketing plan? Social media is such an important part of marketing now, so it must be within your plan. How do you plan to use social media to help grow your business? What are your goals?
- How well are you doing? Like everything else, you want the ability to track how well you are doing with social media? How would you even know if your strategies were working? Monitor different reports and know how well your store is influencing your potential clients? Are you even reaching them? Pay attention to certain patterns and you may see upcoming developments that you didn’t expect. Being prepared is always a good thing.
- Ask for help. If you’re not familiar with social media, enlist help. There are many bloggers, websites and even consultants that can help you with social media. Technology or social media just may not be your thing. However, it’s an important part of any business today.
Social media is a big part of any business today. Almost everyone you know may have some dealing with social media, as well as businesses. So, what are you waiting for? Why are you not involved in social media? Implementing this into your marketing plan will help ensure you reach new clients and get them into your store.