It’s summer time, and while no one is really thinking of Christmas, it is just a few months away. As retailers, we have to be ready to buy Christmas items in July.
It’s never too late to start your holiday calendar and prepare yourself for the upcoming holidays. You’ll want to mark your July/August calendar with “Now is the time to buy for the winter holidays”.
Perhaps you sold out quickly on snow globes. If so, you’ll want to increase your snow globes offerings. Now is a good time to explore the snow globes that your holiday product vendors offer. Did customers asked for wreaths last year? Now is the time to search out wholesalers who have wreaths.
Do not neglect the other holidays. Try to stay three to six month a head on your buying schedules. June/July should be the months you’re going over your winter holiday items, October/November for Valentines Day, and so forth for the other holidays.
How To Make Buying Holiday Products Easy
Just a few tips to help you breeze through holiday and Christmas retail buying in July:
- Set your dates for any open house or promotions you plan to host. Put these on your calendar and set your advertising dates.
- If you plan any give-a-ways or special items, now is the time to get some supplier ideas. Some shops do a cookie and coffee promotion and use specialty cookie vendors. If you decide to do this, you’ll need to decide on your cookie vendor and order the quantities one month before your promotion.
- Look at buying trends from the past seasons and look at the new buying trends for this year. Do not be afraid to ask your suppliers and vendors to give you some tips on upcoming trends and any marketing ideas or displays they may be able to provide.
- Go over your stock levels and note the merchandise you already have on hand from past seasons and make notes. Have these handy as you look for new products to add to your tried and true product mix. When you add new items to your product mix, even if they are similar but from new vendors, you give your customers other options.
- Use FGmarket to it’s full advantage. Catch up on past newsletters or the FGmarket Buzz blog to read about trendy products and great vendors.
As always, FGmarket has the wholesale holiday product vendors that can supply you with the best products for each season. To jump start your holiday product search check out the FGmarket holiday vendors highlighted below.