The month of November means good food, quality time with family and friends, and, oh yeah, great deals on awesome products!
Thanksgiving is coming up fast, and customers will soon be looking for turkeys, fall leaves, and harvest decorations to spruce up their homes or offices.
Not only that, they’ll also be making a list and checking it twice to prepare for early holiday shopping! Check out these great products that you can find on FGmarket, to help you get ready for the beginning of the holiday shopping season!
1. Meacham Hams – This company is known for their delicious cured hams, but did you know they also specialize in other meats? If you have customers that are looking for the perfect roasted turkey as the main course for their Thanksgiving dinner, Meacham Hams has what they need!
2. Wald Imports – If you have customers that are plant and flower enthusiasts, chances are they’re going to be needing beautiful containers to house their plants. Luckily, Wald Imports has the a wonderful selection of fall and Thanksgiving-themed containers that will bring out the beauty of any plant placed inside of them.
3. Jakeman’s Maple Products – Maple syrup can be delicious on a number of different foods, including pancakes, waffles, pie, and even bacon! Jakeman’s makes authentic Canadian maple syrup, and their Autumn Leaf Maple Syrup collection makes for a great Canadian souvenir to give your customers’ pumpkin spice pancakes even more flavor!
4. Prosperity Candles – Candles are great for any occasion, but some of the best fragrances in the world are available during the fall. Whether it’s sandalwood & oakmoss, or blue fir & spice, Prosperity Candles has great fall fragrances to make any Thanksgiving dinner smell warm and refreshing!
5. WOWindow Posters – This company wants to help customers show off their style and fun, with their wonderful window posters! These posters come with adhesive squares that stick to any glass surface, and are super easy to install. Check out their Cornucopia poster, featuring wonderful fall leaf colors and a traditional cornucopia full of mouthwatering fruit!
6. Doug Thorson Sales – No matter what the season is, Doug Thorson Sales has home decor that fits the mood. For Thanksgiving, check out their beautifully sculpted and painted turkey statues, that give a Thanksgiving mood to any room!
As the holidays inch closer, customers begin planning for holiday decoration, parties, and gifts. Carrying a variety of holiday items, like burton+BURTON products will make you a shopping stop for your customers this season.
From quirky gifts to unique decor, your customers will be able to find everything on their list. Make sure to start promoting these items ahead of time so when the holiday shopping begins, your customers won’t hesitate on which store to stop to first. Check out burton+BURTON to fill your shelves and prepare you for the season.
However, before we get to Christmas, we have Halloween and Thanksgiving to attend to first. So grab your list of notes from last year’s holiday season and get started. I suggest taking time to set up a buying calendar for all the holidays because time goes by quickly and before you know it a holiday sales season is upon you. Keep in mind how long it might take to get products, set up displays as well as setting pricing, and any advertising you want to do.
It’s never too late to start your holiday calendar and prepare yourself for the upcoming holidays. You’ll want to mark your July/August calendar with “Now is the time to buy for the winter holidays”.
Christmas is the main holiday for most retailers, so spend most of your time going over Christmas items you’ll want to sell. Review the products from your standard vendors, as well as peruse the the products from any new vendors. Check your inventory and see what sold well and what suggestions or notes you made from last year.
Perhaps you sold out quickly on snow globes. If so, you’ll want to increase your snow globes offerings. Now is a good time to explore the snow globes that your holiday product vendors offer. Did customers asked for wreaths last year? Now is the time to search out wholesalers who have wreaths.
Do not neglect the other holidays. Try to stay three to six month a head on your buying schedules. June/July should be the months you’re going over your winter holiday items, October/November for Valentines Day, and so forth for the other holidays.
How To Make Buying Holiday Products Easy
Just a few tips to help you breeze through holiday and Christmas retail buying in July:
Set your dates for any open house or promotions you plan to host. Put these on your calendar and set your advertising dates.
If you plan any give-a-ways or special items, now is the time to get some supplier ideas. Some shops do a cookie and coffee promotion and use specialty cookie vendors. If you decide to do this, you’ll need to decide on your cookie vendor and order the quantities one month before your promotion.
Look at buying trends from the past seasons and look at the new buying trends for this year. Do not be afraid to ask your suppliers and vendors to give you some tips on upcoming trends and any marketing ideas or displays they may be able to provide.
Go over your stock levels and note the merchandise you already have on hand from past seasons and make notes. Have these handy as you look for new products to add to your tried and true product mix. When you add new items to your product mix, even if they are similar but from new vendors, you give your customers other options.
Use FGmarket to it’s full advantage. Catch up on past newsletters or the FGmarket Buzz blog to read about trendy products and great vendors.
As always, FGmarket has the wholesale holiday product vendors that can supply you with the best products for each season. To jump start your holiday product search check out the FGmarket holiday vendors highlighted below.
Your customers may not have a line of musical snowglobes on their mantle but now they can have the next best thing! A Snowglobe Christmas brings to life some of the most beautiful, melodic musical snowglobes ever loved. Their clever DVD turns the television into a giant musical snowglobe! With nearly an hour of beautiful music and video images of active old world snowglobes, it’s the holiday decoration everyone will love!
If holiday entertaining requires clever Christmas decorations, A Snowglobe Christmas can’t be beat! Eggnog and funny sweaters are a Christmas party tradition. Now your customers can start their own tradition with wholesale snowglobe DVDs from A Snowglobe Christmas.
Hosts and hostesses can keep this DVD playing in the background for ambient party music. Guests who turn toward the TV will see the beautiful snowglobes while hearing traditional Christmas songs.
Musical snowglobes are always treasured Christmas decorations. Now, the best of the best are available for everyone and much easier to transport from place to place to share with friends! Instead of packing up a shelf full of snowglobes, pack up the A Snowglobe Christmas DVD. Having friends over to see your musical snowglobe collection can now include more than just standing around admiring the mantle. Now it’s a party thanks to A Snowglobe Christmas!